in Birth by (1 point)
Is it possible to give birth vaginally after having a C-section with my first child three years ago, or will I need to have another C-section for my second child?
Artificial Intelligence Health Assistant's Answer

Yes, it is possible to have a vaginal birth after having a previous C-section, but it depends on various factors. This is known as a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). VBAC can be considered safe for many women, but there are certain criteria that need to be met. These include the type of incision made during the previous C-section, the reason for the initial C-section, and any potential risks or complications that may arise during labor. It is important to consult with your healthcare provider who can assess your individual situation and provide guidance on whether VBAC is an option for you. They will consider factors such as the condition of your uterus, any medical conditions you may have, and your personal preferences. In some cases, a repeat C-section may be recommended due to specific circumstances or concerns about potential risks associated with VBAC. Ultimately, the decision should be made in collaboration with your healthcare provider based on what is best for you and your baby's health and safety.

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes its still possible

3.6k questions

5.8k answers


61.7k users

Most active Members
this month: